British Drum Company Big Softy 14" x 6.5" Snare Drum
British Drum Company BIG SOFTY 14" x 6.5" SNARE DRUM.
When you need your snare drum to deliver deep, warm and mellow tones, your first choice has to be the Big Softy.
This drum is designed to do all the hard work so you don’t have to. Recognised and loved by professionals as their “go to” studio snare drum, Big Softy also performs magnificently onstage, from the intimacy of a club jazz gig to the bombast of a full-blown arena rock show.
Handcrafted using cherry inner and outer veneers, Big Softy’s 14” x 6.5” shell encircles a central core of kiln-dried Ochroma. This surprisingly light, open-density hardwood possesses a micro-pore grain structure which actively filters out higher frequencies, giving you a massive range of tonal possibilities. Big Softy is designed to enable higher batter head tension for a truly responsive rebound and still achieve bigger, warmer and funkier sounds without the need to detune.
Big Softy articulates every stroke so your playing is efficient and effortless whilst creating huge sounding backbeats.
Whether you want that classic “fatback” snare or a more contemporary complex tone, Big Softy is the drum for you.
Shell: Ochroma and Cherry, 7.5 mm
- Bearing edges: Hand cut, round over
- Snare beds: Hand cut, 1.8 mm deep
- Batter hoop: Triple flange, 2.3 mm
- Snare hoop: Triple flange, 2.3 mm
- Lugs: 10 Diamond chrome-plated Palladium snare lugs
- Batter head: Remo coated Ambassador
- Resonate head: Remo Hazy snare
- Snare strainer: BDC Smooth action strainer
- Feature: Nyloc lug inserts to prevent de-tuning
- Finish: Natural cherry veneer with satin oil