British Drum Company Merlin 13" x 5.5" Snare Drum
British Drum Company MERLIN 13" x 5.5" SNARE DRUM
If you are looking for a snare drum that you can be certain will deliver the goods in all musical situations, then the Merlin is the snare drum for you
Critically acclaimed by players and pundits alike, the Merlin’s reputation is assured, with commendations from The Music Industry Association and an impressive 5-star review in Rhythm Magazine.
Like the world-class Rolls Royce aviation engine which inspired it, the Merlin excels in delivering outstanding performance precisely when it matters. When the occasion demands, Merlin will not let you down.
This beautiful instrument is handcrafted utilising a 20ply shell of alternating vertical and horizontal veneers - maple for focus and warmth, and birch for brightness and projection. The shell is then precision finished using a black tulip veneer and detailed with a stylish inlaid double pinstripe of maple.
The Merlin willingly reveals its musical versatility when you start to play. The responsiveness is uncompromising however you tension the heads. Tune down for rich, warm resonance to create that classic dry, funkier sound, or tighten up the tension for a bright, clear attack. From both extremes, and with everything in between, Merlin allows you to hear and feel every subtlety of your playing.
VIDEO DEMO - British Drum Co.'s artist, Gabi King
- Shell: Maple and birch, 10.5 mm, 20 ply
- 45-degreeBearing edges:
- Snare beds: Hand cut, 1.8 mm deep
- Batter hoop: Triple flange, 2.3 mm
- Snare hoop: Triple flange, 2.3 mm
- Lugs: 8 Diamond chrome-plated Palladium snare lugs
- Batter head: Remo coated Ambassador
- Resonate head: Remo Hazy snare
- Snare strainer: BDC Smooth action strainer
- Feature: Nyloc lug inserts to prevent de-tuning